Sunday 18 November 2012

Questionnaire Results

 I created a survery with many questions which I created. To create the surverymonkey.com, I inquired information that will be helpful for when I make my own music magazine, as it gives an outline on who my audience will be. I then went onto the results part of my survey and made created graphs with the outcomes I collected, in order to get effective feedback.

I gave my survey out to 20 people (10 male and 10 female) to complete. The age had a variation from 15-26+. I wanted to get a variation of ages, so I gave my survey out to people who I knew were at all different ages, this was so I could determent what the age group would like in/about the magazine. Before the questionnaire I already knew what genre I am going to do so I chose specific people who enjoy R&B music.


One of my first questions were straight forward, the age of the person doing the survey. I wanted to see how old the people who were doing the survey were so I knew what sort of age genre was giving me my results. I found out that most of the people who did my magazine were people ages 22-25, meaning most of my results are from an older age and as I am trying to aim both young adults and old teenager there results would be perfect for helping me achieve that magazine quality i'm looking for which will engage that age group.


The nest question I asked on the questionnaire was the type of social networking sites people used. I already had a feel that Facebook and Twitter would be used by many people as they are very well known and used my many, however I also included three other options which were Tumblr, Instagram and Sound Cloud. Also This question was a multiple choice so they could answer more then one as they might have more then one social network. I was very surprised that Soundcloud had 11/20 people who actually use it as its not very known and only hardcore music lovers use it to find out about new and upcoming artists. This could be a way which I will promote my magazine with single previews of my upcoming artists. Also I was thinking about using a feed on my magazine for Instagram and Twitter and now that I know how many people actually use those social networking site I know people would be interested in seeing the feed.

One of my main questions which is always in any questionnaire  the gender! But as I explained before I wanted both 50/50 with the survey so I could have both answers from males and females and it will be equal  I also am trying to aim to both males and females and not just one specifically meaning I need to know what both genres read my magazine.


 I also wanted to know what people thought about my name ideas which I had, I was very pleased that 11 people out of 20 liked the name "Harmony" as that was my ideal name, however it doesn't really matter about what I like, it mostly matters about what the target audience like. As the questionnaire illustrates that people prefer Harmony as a name I will be used this name for my magazine as there the type of audience for my magazine, my main objective of my magazine is for my target audience to like the magazine as a whole.
 I felt the need to add a question about the type of content people buy a magazine for. The most chosen choice was Interviews and close second was about New artists/bands with 4/20. This really illustrates to me what people want to actually see in a magazine so I should focus on adding them in my magazine. However saying this doesn't mean I am not going to add anything else, I still think that adding competitions, gossip, etc is a good idea to add to a magazine as I will be for filling what people like, instead of choosing one factor which only 6 people out of 20 like. I want to try an engage as many people.
 Also for the front cover I wanted to add artists name as a way of engaging the readers and grab peoples attention, If I added well known names on the front people will be interested to see what its about and read about it. This will then make them buy the magazine as they want to read about their favorite artists, by putting there name on the front cover illustrates to the readers that in somewhat way they are included in the magazine. I found out from the questionnaire that out of the list I created Ne-Yo was one of the most known in the R&B industry following Beyonce, Trey Songz and Rihanna. As they are liked in the industry there will be a higher chance people will want to read anything to do with them.
Also one of my main questions which I felt was very important was the price, I wanted to know how much people are willing to spend on the magazine, however as I am going for a high class R&B magazine I am expecting people are willing to pay more, are my expectations was met! 11 people out of 20 are willing to pay £5.00+ for a classic R&B magazine. However 3 people were still willing to pay £4.00-£4.50, this illustrates to me that people are up for paying a very professional magazine if it included content them want. 


Lastly I included a question about there employment status, this question was multiple choice as some people could be student who work part time, etc. I found out that most of the people who did the questionnaire were students which illustrates that the information which I gained from this questionnaire was actually useful as the age range was actually around about what I was thinking of targeting. 

Overall I feel that by doing a questionnaire I have gained valuable information which will guide me to creating a high profitable and highly professional magazine which will be enjoyed by R&B fans. I will take each question and there answers in to consideration when creating my magazine and I will do this to make sure I interest and engage all of my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment