Tuesday 22 January 2013

Promotional Methods

To promote my magazine I have begun thinking about various methods. I want my magazine be a big hit when it first comes out, sales need to be high and the only way that will happen is it I promote the magazine well. As it's the first issue and it actually hasn't got a fan base yet I need to invest a lot of money into promotion such as billboards,social media,ect.


Another way of advertising my magazine could actually be placing an advert on the side of the bus. The bus itself travels a lot meaning lots of people can see them, as they are public transport everyone keeps an eye out for them so it would be a great investment for harmony and it grabs peoples attentions when the bus passes them. I could also use the underground/tube to advertise my magazine, this will probably be to advertise our older target audience. I could put posters along the escalators and also the big adverts on the tube tracks. Lastly this type of advert is rare but I could use some stairs, and when people are walking towards the stairs they will see our advert, each stair will have a slice of the advert and went seem at a distance it will create a poster. 


Billboards will be shown across the country as I need to let as many people know about this magazine. I will solely focus on my target audience of 17-25 years so that the adverts will actually grab there attention. I will do some research into my locations for my bill boards because certain areas in the UK could have a different genre vibe/feel. The Billboard will look something like the billboard to the right, it has a photo which illustrates the release date,website and name of the magazine and also includes a teaser photo where the artists face is darkened out due to shadows.

I will make sure that the adverts are to the point and fit to the audience ideas I received. I have to make sure that the adverts and content reach to the correct market. For some extra advertise I will start the first issue to meet Antonia and have a meal with the singer and a signed copy of her brand new single, some of the rules of the competition will be that the person who enters the competition must have be subscribed/connected/liked with all of Harmony's social networking sites. By doing this I can build an online following and gain more audience members interacting with the magazine, which will in turn rise sales. I felt that a meal with Antonia will be more interesting to fans and also that she is so brand new that there will not be a tour/gig any time soon as she is recording however due to this the competition will give a signed copy of her brand new single. 

No comments:

Post a Comment